Types of projects
This type of proposal aims to generate smaller initiatives enhancing bilingualism in Ottawa, created by non-profit organizations and private businesses. Grants awarded will be of a value of $10,000 or less, and funded projects will be completed within a period of 6 months.
This type of proposal aims to generate large impact projects enhancing bilingualism in Ottawa, created by non-profit organizations. Grants awarded will be of a value of $10,500 to $25,000, and funded projects will be completed within an 8 month period.
Resources for Bilingual Ottawa applications and projects
Bilingual Ottawa microgrant program has been renewed by the federal government through the Canadian Heritage Action Plan for Official Languages. This additional funding of $1,250,000 will support new bilingual projects from 2021 to 2023.
The program renewal aims to continue to enhance the bilingual character of Ottawa and to advance the interests of the francophone community by investing in concrete projects, led by and for the community. The first phase of Bilingual Ottawa, funded 77 projects for a total amount of $ 968,000. In addition to this amount, $ 67,877 was awarded to 20 Ottawa businesses and organizations, including the media, for the promotion and operation of the program.
Here is the impact of our program :
- 2.8% of the population of the city of Ottawa will be directly affected by projects funded by bilingual Ottawa, which gives the following results:
- 503 partnerships will be created
- 757 bilingual and French-speaking activities will be created and delivered
- 28,249 people will participate in the activities
- 7,464 participants will be consulted on bilingualism